Female Urinary Incontinence Specialist in St Petersburg FL
It’s an embarrassing medical condition that affects many women throughout Pinellas County, but urinary incontinence doesn’t have to keep you from enjoying your life. Female urinary incontinence specialist Dr. Meenakshi Jain offers a revolutionary treatment for urinary incontinence with InterStim®, an implant that fixes the messaging between your bladder and brain. For more information, call the office or Request an Appointment online.
What is urinary incontinence?
Urinary incontinence is a condition in which women near St. Petersburg FL don’t have full control over their bladder and experience an unexpected loss of urine.
The three main types of urinary incontinence include:
- Stress incontinence – a loss of urine when performing more strenuous activities like running or sneezing
- Urge incontinence – a sudden and strong need to urinate immediately before losing urine
- Mixed incontinence – a combination of both stress and urgency female incontinence
Most women Dr. Jain sees in Pinella’s County have mixed incontinence.
What causes urinary incontinence?
There are two reasons why women may be experiencing urinary incontinence:
- Their brain isn’t getting the right signal from your bladder alerting you that you need to urinate
- Their bladder sphincter muscles aren’t squeezing strong enough to hold the flow of urine
Both issues are common in most of the women seen by Dr. Jain.
You may be more at risk of developing urinary incontinence if you are Caucasian, have a family history, or have a urinary defect. Contact female incontinence specialist Dr. Meenakshi Jain at (727) 343-2568 to schedule your appointment today.